HISTORY ABOUT NGOORU SEC SCHOOL
- The school was proposed in 1976 during a church Harambee at Ngooru Catholic church organised by the late Joseph A Gethinji Marekia in presence of the late Bishop Caesar Maria Gatimu.The members unanimously agreed that the primary school (Ngooru)share the primary school plot. The demarcation was later done.
The school started immediately under the supervision of the late Bishop Gatimu.The contractor was the late Baptista Wambugu who build the current tuition block (classes)
The school opened in 8th May 1978 with 14 students who used to hold morning parades in the pry school parlor
- Other construction started there after:
- i) staff quarters
- ii) lab block by J .A Gethinji
- iv)Admin block and other inside dev.
- v) Dining Hall
PRINCIPALS LINE UP SINCE 1978
- MR. CHARLES MUYA KIHUMBA
- MISS MUTHONI MWAURA
- MR. JACOB KATTAPRAM
- MR. MWANGI
- MR WANJAU
- MR KIMINDA
- MR. WACHIRA
- MR KARIUKI GEKONYO THE CURRENT PRINCIPAL
B.O.G CHAIRMEN SINCE 1978
- MR WAGENI WANGUNYA THE LATE
- MR FRANCIS M MWANGI
- MR JOSEPH GITHINJI MAREKIA
- MR NDUNGU GITHINJI
- MR WANGAI NDIRANGU CURRENT
- To facilitate the development mentioned here above 2 Harambee were done presided out by the current president H.E. [E.Mwai Kibaki].
- The matron of the school was declared as Mrs. Lucy Kibaki [Now the first lady] who still is to date.
- The money collected during Harambee functions was spent on internal development e.g. Buying cows and fencing e.t.c.
- The students body is headed by Jackson Wachira as the Head boy and Jerioth Kariuki as head girl.
- The school has many prefects who assist in maintaining order in the school
- Our goal is to work hard to make our dreams a reality.
- To work hard and improve our standards through education as it goes the saying ;Education is the keys to success.
- We would like to recommend our parents and guardians to help us with all whatever we need so as to achieve the set objectives.
- We would like to commend also the P.T.A ,B.O.G and the General staff for the good work they have done to make our school a priority.